"Chicken curry" and "Vade" is a special Malavani dish. Mostly "Vade" is a accompaniment for Chicken gravies . Every year on 7th June , if it is a day when we eat nonvegetarian food , the chicken gravies (Rassa and Sukka Chicken) are prepared to celebrate the "MIRAG". "MIRAG" is the starting of the Monsoon. It's a heaven on earth to eat the piping hot Chicken gravy and garamagaram TANDALACHE VADE. Simply mindblowing!!!!!
I ll post the Chicken Rassa recipe some other time. But here , is the recipe for Tandlache wade which is also called Kombdi Wade.
Wash & soak the Ukada rice in water for 2-3 hrs. Then dry the rice in sun . Grind it.
- Mix the rice flour and wheat flour in 3:1 proportion.
- Add salt to eat as per taste.
- Knead it with sufficient water and oil and cover it with dampen cloth and leave it for 1 hr.
- Knead it again and divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Apply little water to your palm and press the dough with ur right palm on the kitchen surface.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Garamagaram Vade are ready to savour with Chicken curry.
These Vades can also be used as accompaniment for "Kalya Watanyachi Usal"(Black Peas Curry)