Sometimes when i get bored of eating plain rice and daal. A quick fix pulav or masale bhat is on my list to do. This is not a authentic recipe for Masale bhat but as per my convenience and taste .
Ambe Mohar rice/ Basmati rice :- 1 cup
Tendli :- 10-12 (each cut into 4)
Brinjal :- 1 finely cut
Onion :- 3 big size (2 finely chopped and 1 finely cut)
Green Chillies :- 4-5 chopped
Goda Masala :- 2 tablespoon (I used Bedekar Goda Masala)
Salt :- As per taste
Cashews :- Optional
Black pepper :- 6-7
Cloves :- 4-5
Cinnamon :- 1 small stick
Bay leaf :- 1 2
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside for 1 hr.
- Chop the 2 onion and chillies finely.
- Heat the sufficient oil or ghee in thick bottomed pan. Add Black pepper, cloves , cinnamon stcik and bay leave. Then add onion and chilli and suate till the onion turned transluscent.
- Add Tendli, brinjal and cashwes and fry thourughly.
- Then add 3/4th Goda masala and stir fry again for 1 mins.
- Then add rice and mix it properly and add 2 cups water. Add salt as per taste and remaining goda masala .Somebody has mentioned to me that adding goda masala after adding water gives the aroma of Masala to rice. Keep it covered till done. Reduce the heat to simmer . Towards the end place it on a hot griddle till properly cooked.
- Fry the finely cut one onion on oil till golden brown and crisp. I prefer to serve the masale bhath with fried onion (Biryani style) and coriander leaves and scrapped coconut.
Hot masale bhath is ready to serve with some hot curry.