Fish :- 4-5 pieces (King fish/Pompfret/Backerel)
Flour( Rice/Wheat) :- 5 tsp
Rava ( Semolina) :- 2 tsp
Red chilli powder :- 1 tsp ( depending on the spicy tastebud)
Salt :- for marination
Kokum extract :- 1 tsp
- Clean the fish and marinate with salt for half an hour.
- Mix the flour , red chilli powder and rava.
- Clean the fish again and pour the kokum extract and mix.
- Heat the oil in Pan for shallow frying.
- Covered the fish with the mixture from all sides and put in pan. Fry the fish on low flame from all sides.
And Indulged yourself with it ......
Kokum extract is called "Aagul". I get a bottle of it from Malvan every now and then. Otherwise you can make a extract by mixing 7-8 kokums in half cup of water. The same is also used for preparing SOLKADHI.