Sundays are basically meant for lazing around. After a hectic week , you definitely deserve a break to break away from all routines. For my family, it’s a heavy breakfast followed by a light lunch further followed by a good afternoon sleep or a running aimlessly through the TV channels and evening outing. I was trying to figure out for a good, tasty and healthy breakfast and finally zeroed in on apna DOSA, accompanied with masala (Potato subzi)and coconut chutney. My personal favorite is thinnest Dosa with garamagaram Chai.
Here goes the recipe :-
Rice :- 1 cup
Bolied Rice :- 1 Cup
Urad Dal :- 1/2 Cup
Fenugreek Seeds :- 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil/Butter as per taste bud preferences
- Soak both the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in waterfor 5-6 hrs.
- Grind into the smooth batter and leave it overnite to ferment.
- Next day chcek the consistency of the batter. If it is too thick, add a little water.
- Heat the non-stick pan, and pour the batter over it and spread it over it.
- Drizzle with oil or butter. Turn and let it fry for few seconds.
- Serve hot with Masala and coconut chutney.